Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Am Woman, See Me Cook

I have that womanly pride thing going on right now because I made a quite tasty (if I may say so) supper this evening. I don't cook very often in this season of my life with work and play practice and the church kids and other commitments. But today I had the desire within to take up the spatula and try my culinary skills once again. So I dusted off my apron and got to work. The goal: crispy parmesan chicken, steamed broccoli, fresh pears, and pumpkin spice cake. Score one for me because everything turned out delicious and it was all ready at the same time-- and right on time. (Trust me, I only allow myself these bragging rights because it doesn't often happen.) I should have taken a picture to post.
I did get a picture of how I spent some of the afternoon. It was a rainy day and I was alone in the house. (Sounds like I'm beginning a scary story...) I turned on some music and got out my crafty stuff. There was a sale at JoAnn Fabrics this week and I got some really cute goodies for making cards. Little quote stickers and pretty background paper and pink ribbon with tiny white dots. It was delightful. I think I need to spend more weekends at home like this. Maybe it's the coming of fall and winter. I get excited about staying indoors and working on projects. So anyway, the cards turned out kind of sweet.
Speaking of fall, my sister and her husband had some friends over last night for a bonfire. I just love bonfires. Fall would not be the same without them. We played a game of volleyball and I tragically ripped one of my favorite pairs of flip-flops trying to make a save. Unfortunately, I did not even come close to the volleyball at the time. It's one thing to sacrifice a pair of flip-flops if you feel victorious for your team. It's another matter entirely to make a fool of yourself and come out of it with damaged dignity and flip-flops. Oh well. Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment