Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We Still Sing

"Sing we now of Christmas
Sing we all Noel
Of the Lord and Savior
We the tidings tell."

Eight of us met that night for Christmas caroling at the nursing home. What an incredibly beautiful experience. Though Christmas was still ten days away, it felt as if Christmas came to us that night.

Or maybe not Christmas...but Christ who came and was indeed in our midst.

We walked through the dimly lit halls, eight voices lifted in song, altos and sopranos mingling in harmony. As we passed each room, we would pause at the door to finish the song, then ask for any requests. "Silent Night" was the one most often chosen--for who isn't touched by the holy wonder of that song?

Later as I reflected on the gifts of girlfriends and kindness and music, I realized the evening held even deeper meaning behind it...

Click here to read the rest of this article at The Catholic Young Woman

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful words, Laura. Love this post, as always :) And I love the joy that music brings; it's truly such a gift from God. Very few things have the unitive and restorative power that music does. I get chills just thinking about it! So glad you had the opportunity to share that gift with others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Jordan. Thanks. :) You warm my heart. May my words be His.

    ReplyDelete