Saturday, January 21, 2012

Worship

I was driving the familiar route by the river to visit my parents (yep, “over the river and through the woods…”) when an old worship song came on the radio.

The lyrics and melody of the song drew me from sub-consciousness to consciousness as I sang along.

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all days
And the cry of my heart is to give You praise from the inside-out. (-Hillsong)

I went from absent-mindedly singing along to praying the words I sang. I felt it deep within me. His everlasting light was in the streaks of the sunset. His never-ending glory was in the water thundering over the dam. And in the midst of nature and music, my heart was crying to Him with praise.

I knew it had been awhile since I’d heard this song…but singing it made me realize how long it had been since I had worshipped.

I pray every day.

But do I worship every day? Do I look beyond my needs, my desires, even my prayers for others and my thanksgiving for blessings…do I stop thinking of myself for a moment to simply worship Him for WHO HE IS?

Do you?

1 comment: