Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

As much as I like healthy eating, I confess to splurging at times in the sweets category. This is one of those times. Can a dessert get any better than one that mixes chocolate chip cookies with pie?

I think not.

I took this to a potluck recently and when I went to get myself a slice, it was gone. (But I did get to try a bite of my brother's piece!)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
submitted by Ann Hess to Come on Over, a Gooseberry Patch cookbook (one of my favorite cookbook series!!)

2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional)
9-inch pie crust

Cream the eggs, sugars, and butter. Add the flour and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Spread batter in the unbaked pie crust. Bake at 325* for 1 hour or until the center is done.

If you're really letting loose, serve warm with ice cream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment