Saturday, August 5, 2017

I Am Devotional: A Book Review


Ever since I read Sara Hagerty's book Every Bitter Thing is Sweet and learned about her daily "adoration" prompts using the names of God, I've been so intrigued by the different names of God and I'm amazed at how beautiful they are and how they draw me closer to Him. So when I saw a children's devotional based on the names of God, I was all about it. I Am Devotional is written by Diane Stortz and includes 100 devotions about the names of God.

It's like any relationship-- the more facets of a person you learn, the closer to you are them from seeing the many sides and attributes they have. When my daughter learns about God as "Jehovah Jireh" (the God Who Provides), she will know she can trust Him to provide for her needs. Or when she remembers He is "Jehovah Rapha" (the God Who Heals), she can rest in His arms and wait for His healing touch on any of her wounds.

The format of the devotional includes 100 unique names of God and accompanying discussion/Biblical stories about each one. At the end there are discussion questions and ways to apply this new concept to your life. It's deep in a beautiful way, but also practical for young ones. I would say it is definitely more for school-age children than littles. It is a gorgeous hardcover with colored pictures on each page and a purple ribbon bookmark. I'm very delighted with this book!

[Thank you to BookLook Bloggers for my complimentary copy. This review contains my honest and original thoughts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment