Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sharing My Zucchini Bread...Recipe :)

I wrote about learning to share my zucchini bread a few months ago...someone asked if I would also share the recipe itself! So here it is! It's a healthy version that I've modified a little. It's a very forgiving recipe, so feel free to change it even more to suit your tastes. Mmmm...enjoy! (And make sure you share...)

Laura’s Favorite Zucchini Bread

2 eggs
½ cup honey
½ c olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon (I prefer more)
1/3 tsp vanilla
1 medium zucchini (about 1 ½ cups; I sometimes use more)
1 ½ c whole wheat flour

Beat eggs, honey, and oil together. Mix in the rest of ingredients, adding flour last. You may also add nuts if you wish. Bake in a greased loaf pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees. The last time I made it I sprinkled brown sugar on top before baking and it made for a deliciously sweet and crunchy crust. 

This recipe was modified and taken from Keepers at Home :Healthy Choices, compiled by Marvin and Miriam Wengerd

1 comment: