Saturday, October 13, 2018

Cozy, Snowy Cuddles: A Children's Book Review


What I Loved: It's a nice size, nice length of story, has rhymes on each page. The touch and feel element is fabulous-- my kids love textures, especially "fuzzy animals" like these. I like the themes of winter, animals, and cozy snuggles.

What I Didn't Love: It's not as good of quality as some board books. I like when the covers of board books are the "bubble" type-- they just seem sturdier. This one feels like it could possibly get bent, yet it's definitely thicker than basic cardboard. Although I love the rhymes on each page, I would have liked an actual story. This is simply four-line rhymes on each page describing the animals cuddling. Definitely still a sweet idea, but my daughter is starting to like the idea of stories.

Overall, not my favorite board book, but it's a sweet gift idea (and good price!) for the holidays. Little ones would definitely like the lovely illustrations and the touch and feel furry animals.

4 out of 5.

[Thank you to BookLook Bloggers for my complimentary copy in exchange for this honest and original review.]

No comments:

Post a Comment