Thursday, February 8, 2018

God Bless My Family: A Children's Book Review


So to offset my doom and gloom post of yesterday ;) I thought I'd review this precious little book. There's nothing like puppies to take away the blues. For the past week as we all recovered from The Plague, we watched a lot of TV and read a lot of books to little G. This new one is so sweet. As G gets older, I realize how significant the content of books is for her growing mind! It's so important to me to have wholesome and faith-filled messages. I want her first impressions of faith to be joyful, warm, and loving-- just like her Heavenly Father is. This book is a great one for that. Each page there are different pictures of "puppy families" and words describing  the blessings of different family members-- aunts, cousins, brothers, mothers, and so on. It's very cute to see the different dog breeds and the different activities they are doing (baking a cake, racing outside, etc.). My only cautions with this book would be that 1) not everyone may have or be close to all the members mentioned (sister or brother, even grandma or grandpa), and 2) some of the descriptions are stereotypical and a child might wonder why their aunt doesn't bake or their sister doesn't play dress up. Probably miniscule things, but just keeping it real. Other than that, we're thrilled to have it on our bookshelf. 4.5 stars.

[Thank you to BookLook Bloggers for my complimentary review copy. This review contains my honest and original thoughts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment