2. I'm cleaning out evvvvverything these days and it feels so good. I had intended to use January to start organizing baby stuff, making freezer meals, and all that...but once I took down the Christmas stuff and started to clean out a few areas, I realized a much bigger project was in store. I told you before about this fabulous book that you need to read, and it is completely revolutionizing my January. I'm realizing that in the childbearing years (and maybe beyond??), I just don't need or want a lot of stuff. I don't have a lot of time to decorate, scrapbook, etc, and too much stuff just stresses me out. I want a simplified life so I can focus on my family and our day to day needs and goals. I'm not saying I'm 'throwing away' the other parts of me...just that they don't feel as desirable in this season. I don't need ten thousand hobbies; I'm content to have my crocheting and a few cardmaking supplies (or even just reading books with a cup of tea refreshes me!). And I don't need tons of decor; the toddler will just spread it all around the room. I'm finding minimalism and simplicity is extremely freeing mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. So I keep opening cupboards and drawers and filling boxes to go out! Do I sound off the deep end yet? ;)
|My sister and mom have been my partners-in-crime for a lot of cleaning out and it's been fun to have our G and my niece get to spend more time together.|
3. My mother-in-law came to stay with us for several days after my hospitalization last weekend. It was so great to have her, she's always a joy to have around and a huge help with G and housework. My dear friend from Kentucky also came to visit while her husband was on a work trip. I hadn't seen her since her wedding last summer, we stayed up until 1am talking the first night (this from the tired mama who didn't even stay up for NYE)! She is preggo with her first and we are due TWO DAYS APART! Exciting. My husband actually had both of us on his radio show while she was here to talk about spirituality and pregnancy. It was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll be brave enough to share the podcast with you once it comes out. :)
|On the air in 3, 2, 1...|
|Twin baby bumps!|
4. We've had tons of snow this year and it's been very pretty. Sadly the temps have been sooo low that we've only been out once to play in it. But today it's "warming up" to the 20's, so that's a positive thing, ha!
|Our backyard view|
5. This little chica is growing up so fast and turning into such a little lady. It's just awesome to see how her personality and intelligence are developing more each day. She understands so much and is a fun little playmate. My favorite thing she does is "pour tea" with a plastic teapot and cups and share it with us. She even makes the sound effects. Is it too soon to introduce her to Anne of Green Gables or Little Women? ;)
|She finally started walking full-time this month and it's crazy to see her walk into a room.|
|Can't forget the handsome hubs!|
6. Because of my little hospital stint, we got to have another ultrasound and see this little one. I LOVE 4D ultrasounds...the baby literally SMILED as she was taking the picture. It was awesome.
|It's beautiful how the heart expands to love each child as much as only one.|
7. Well, look at that. This could be a quick takes post, after all. Maybe I'll link to Kelly this Friday. ;) Have a great week, friends!