Saturday, February 27, 2016

Snuggle Time Prayers: A Book Review


You can never have enough children's books! One of my dear friends has been collecting them for years and it will be so fun to see her share them with her children someday (I have a feeling she'll be getting engaged pretty soon...and you know, love, marriage, then the baby carriage. *wink*)

We don't have any books yet for our little one and this particular book totally tugged at my heartstrings when I saw it! Snuggles and prayers-- it doesn't get much sweeter than that!

It's a lovely hardback book with board pages and a cushioned cover-- definitely toddler friendly. Inside are the most adorable prayers to introduce little ones to the God who loves them and wants to be their friend. For example:

Goodnight, God, it's time to sleep;
I've put my toys away.
And I just want to thank You
For a happy, fun-filled day [...]

Precious, right?

I love the idea of introducing my children to God as friend and Father, to help them have a relationship with Him even at such a young age. To never be afraid to go to Him, for He always wants the little children near Him.

All in all, I was very pleased with this book and I'm excited to put it in our nursery-- and even more excited to snuggle and pray with our baby this year.

[This book was sent to me at no cost in exchange for a review. This post contains my honest and original thoughts. Thank you, Book Look Bloggers!]

No comments:

Post a Comment