Friday, October 17, 2014

Quick Takes Friday {vol. 17}


Hello, friends! Happy Friday!! Woohoo!!

--1--

This girl inspired me to write some quick takes. I'm such a perfectionist (or maybe just long-winded) because my quick takes always end up being, well, not so quick. So here we go. Don't blink or you might miss them...

--2--

I'm sipping hot apple cider. Yummy. Made fresh and local at an adorable orchard I stopped at last weekend. Nevermind that I got lost on the country roads looking for it...it just added to the adventure and now my cider tastes even sweeter. 

--3--

I also bought several pounds of McIntosh and Winesap apples. Have you heard of Winesap apples? I love trying new things and these are delicious...sort of like Honeycrisp but richer. I'm ridiculously excited to spend my day off this week baking and cooking (and eating) apples. 

--4--

What do you think of the new look around here? It's been fun to mess around with different design sites and ideas. Still feel very much like an amateur, but everyone has to start somewhere and it's been a great learning experience!

--5--

I'm pretty sure one of my ultrasound patients chose abortion last month. I've had that happen before but never when I had been the sonographer performing the ultrasound. It hit me hard and to be honest, I'm still not recovered from it. Because I saw her baby. Pray for her please. 

--6--

As usual in the season of Fall, I turn inward...melancholic, pensive, quieter on the outside but loud as ever in my mind and heart...is it the changing seasons and the preparation for winter? Is it the past memories of this season? Something about it makes me incredibly nostalgic and reflective. I'm reading voraciously and perhaps I'll share some recommendations soon. For now, my favorite is undoubtedly My Sisters The Saints, by Colleen Carroll Campbell. Check out the book club I'm hosting on it here

--7--

Last but not least, I've caved. I joined another social media site. But not just any social media site.

Instagram.

And it's got me. Hook, line, and sinker.

For all my disdain of our generation's addiction to technology and social media, this one has captured my heart. Because seriously, it's perfect. It's all about simplicity, beauty, moments. You know...that life is beautiful. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your quick takes!! :)

    And I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your re-design,. :) Great job! Yay for the 'gram!! I am a huge fan, too. Enjoy it, my friend.

    Prayers for your patient and the babe. That is so, so hard, Laura. Prayers for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jen!!

      I'll have to find you on Instagram! :D

      Delete