Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Fatal Frost: A Book Review



I went on a fiction kick last year and read all sorts of new fiction books. It was great! The only problem is I didn't write ANY of them down and now I can't remember authors or titles to recommend to others! Thankfully, a couple of them have been review books so I have those particular titles. ;)

Fatal Frost is one of them. My sister is currently borrowing it after I recommended it. Because I read it in two days!! I'm a sucker for a good mystery, and there's nothing like a good Christian mystery because you can enjoy the suspense without worrying that there will be sexual immorality, language, or demonic-type evil (NOT a fan of those kind of mysteries).

Fatal Frost is the first book in a series called Defenders of Justice. Mercy Brennan is the star character, a female cop who took after her dad in law enforcement despite their rocky relationship. When he dies, a gang in St. Louis believes that he gave some important incriminating information to Mercy and they target her...eventually following her and her team members to her safe house, where an ice storm knocks out any way of contacting additional help. Lots of suspense, lots of surprises, and some great character development in the subplots. I really enjoyed this book. I've read a couple of the author's other mysteries and occasionally there will be more murder than I care to read about, so that would be the only negative to her books (not graphic, but when too many people die I start to want something lighter!! There's enough tragedy in the real world!). This particular book did not cross that line for me, though, and I enjoyed my couple days of page-turning suspense. :)

I'd give it 4.5 stars.

[Thank you to Bethany House books and Baker Publishing for my copy at no cost. This review contains my honest and original thoughts.]

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this review! I'm going to add this to my list. I love crime, thriller, or mystery novels, but I've sadly read far too many that were amazing except for random sex scenes or references.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I LOVE mysteries...ever since I could read Nancy Drew ;)

      And hey, I'm loving How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind!!!

      Delete
    2. Yay!! I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete