Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Tuesday Talk #60: A Case of the Cozies

What a great weekend. Neither one of us had commitments outside our home, so we enjoyed a cozy weekend together as the inches of snow fell outside!

On Friday, my brother-in-law visited and brought us a gorgeous shelf from my sister-in-law that she didn't want anymore. It's an loooong oak shelf with pegs made by the Amish. It looks so home-y in our living room! P said we should hang Christmas stockings on it. :)

Saturday morning we hosted a brunch for a group of young missionaries visiting for the year. They are in our diocese to speak to schools and youth groups and young adults about the beauty of the virtue of chastity, self-worth and dignity, and living and loving as God intended. It was so great to get to know them better and hear their heart-thoughts. So blessed to have them here.

Saturday evening we settled in for a Christmas movie and popcorn! I've totally surrendered the sleep struggle with Baby G and we are all so much more peaceful! So she simply slept in my arms while the hubby and I enjoyed a long-desired movie night together! We'll figure out the crib in a few months. ;)

On Sunday, the snow continued to fall so beautifully and we went to Mass for the Third Sunday of Advent. Baby G and I dressed in our liturgical pink. :) Afterwards, our Sunday consisted of Christmas and Advent reading and mugs of hot chocolate. I started reading The Reed of God, by Caryll Houselander, which was recommended Advent reading by several people. So far it's been very insightful and is giving me lots of food for thought as I slow down and ponder this Advent season.

Today I'm simply easing into the week with mountains of snow outside and mountains of laundry inside...and hopefully finishing writing our Christmas cards today to send out.

Here are some pics just for fun:


My tree salvaged from inside an old barn...not too shabby once she's all dressed up!

Nothing like these evening snuggles with the Christmas tree lit and the twinkling lights outside.

We like to dress in the liturgy colors for Mass :)


Thanks to my parents and aunt for sharing their old decorations with us for the outdoors!




Want to join this week's link up? Grab our button below and link back to one of the hosts!



You can join us on Pinterest, too!

Follow Sweet Little Ones's board Tuesday Talk Features on Pinterest.


Join the party, friends, by linking up with your favorite post from the week! Here's the scoop:


1 comment:

  1. Cozy weekends like that are awesome!!! You ladies look great for Gaudete Sunday! I wore a pink-and-purple scarf, since I no longer own any other pink clothes in my wardrobe that are nice enough for Sunday Mass. I'm really glad that you are more at peace with Baby G's sleep right now! Peter went through a sleep regression a couple months ago, and it was not fun at all, but like all phases, it passed and now he (and I) sleep so much better. Babies sure like to change things up and be unpredictable!

    ReplyDelete