Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dashing Dish: A Book Review


This book is beautiful.

It really is, though, in so many ways. 

What a holistic, well-rounded cookbook. The author is passionate about first finding your identity and value in God and then letting that realization guide you to healthful choices in food. So the goal is to be neither obsessed with food nor ignorant about food. She offers simple yet wise advice on planning, preparing, and purchasing healthy food that honors our bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit.

I was delighted to find pictures on every page in this cookbook-- a definite plus for me. :) The recipes are also unique without being full of ingredients I've never heard of. And the cookbook is divided into breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides, snacks, and dessert (which adds to the ease and simplicity of use). Before the recipes, there are several pages with tips on clean eating, meal planning, and budgeting. 

Even though Pinterest has certainly changed the way we collect recipes, this cookbook rivals Pinterest with its appealing pictures, real-life recipes, and simple clean eating explanations and tips. 

I'm excited to have it on my shelf-- and its tasty recipes in my tummy.

[This book was provided to me at no cost from Book Look Bloggers in exchange for a review. These are my honest and original comments. Thank you, Book Look Bloggers!]


1 comment: