Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Paper Bag Christmas {A Book Recommendation}

I love Christmas stories.

I mean, really love them. It's one of my favorite things about Christmas--to snuggle under a blanket with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and a collection of Christmas stories and books. I recommended some of my favorites last year and the year before that. This year I'm going to recommend only one (so far, anyway).


The Paper Bag Christmas, by Kevin Alan Milne.

I read it in less than twenty-four hours. It's not only an easy-read; it's also that good. The book shares the story of two young brothers--with very long Christmas gift lists--who are convinced by Santa to help out at the local children's hospital for a few weeks in order to earn 'the best Christmas present ever.' I really can't share many more details or it would spoil everything! You'll just have to read it yourself.

Be prepared with some tissues, though. My roommate walked through the living room one morning when I was reading the book on the couch. I started telling her all about the book as I sniffled my way through. "Are you crying?!" she laughed. "I thought it was your allergies at first!"

Do you have a favorite Christmas story or book? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment