Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Best Christmas Books Ever (besides the Gospel of Luke)


Less stress and more peace this week. Thankful. And I've even carved a bit of time to curl up in my favorite chair with some Christmas books. My friend K. called me yesterday afternoon...

(Hello? sniff, sniffle. Sorry, K. sniffle. It's just that I've been reading Christmas stories and-- sniffle-- they've got me tearing up and smiling at the same time. They're SO good!)

Thus, without further ado, I'd like to share the titles with you:

Christmas In My Heart series, compiled by Joe Wheeler
LOVE this series and read them every year (not all of them, of course. There are about fifteen volumes!) Beautiful, touching, old-fashioned Christmas stories. If you get the newer versions, they have beautiful illustrations as well.


Christmas Miracles, compiled by Cecil Murphy and Marley Gibson
This is the new book that had me sniffling when K. called. The coolest thing about this collection of Christmas stories? They're all true. Real-life stories that will remind you to look at life with eyes that see miracles.

Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment