Tuesday, May 3, 2011

After Easter Thoughts

It's been a beautiful break since Easter, peeps. (Easter--peeps--get it?...okay, it's a bit much, I know.)

But I'm happy to be back to blogging again. And working on a new look for the springtime--a work in progress.

It's been a crazy week of joy and sorrow, beauty and devastation...in the midst of rejoicing in our Savior's rising, we mourn and pray with those who have lost so much in the storms and tornadoes. And we sober at the thought of the death of a man who caused so much evil, yet was still a human created and loved by God.

I think about my 1 year old nephew L. on his first egg hunt.

And seeing my uncle's truck parked in the cemetary to visit my cousin on Easter Sunday.

I remember the older couple in church--the man in a wheelchair, his wife with an afghan covering her lap--sharing a hymnal as they sang alleluias.

These events make up what we call life. It's not always how we want it. We don't always understand it. Sometimes you have to look really hard to find the beauty. Sometimes you don't even have the strength to look.

But this Son of God who rose from the dead--who did what seemed impossible in a hopeless situation-- gives meaning to this life. A reason to hope. And a reason to rejoice. Somehow. No matter what.

2 comments:

  1. Ur post paints so many visuals, thanks for the intensity. P.s. the new look is so seasoned for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chad! I'm still working on it; there are a few details I'd like to iron out. :)

    ReplyDelete