Monday, September 8, 2008

Whatever He's Doing

I had the radio on while I was driving home today from work and this song came on. As I listened to the lyrics, I felt a connection to the song to the point that I thought these could be my own words, my own prayer. Here are some of the words:

[Chorus]Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Revaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow your will
or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is you want from me
I give everything I surrender...To...

[Chorus]

Time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to to release all my held back tears
Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly

-"Whatever You're Doing," by Sanctus Real

It's such a beautiful song in its humility-- admiting we sometimes don't know what God is doing in our lives, but we know He's there and He's working in us. At this time in my life, I'm stepping back to "reevaluate who I really am" so I don't just "climb aimlessly over these hills."

No comments:

Post a Comment