Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Friendship? Yes, please!"


"Friendship? Yes, please!" said Charles Dickens. And I quite agree with him. My friends and I got together on Saturday to celebrate the birthday of our dear Evangeline. Lots of delicious food, oodles of giggling and chatter, and several hilarious party games. I think I laughed enough to add several years onto my life. It was a great memory, even more special because of our shared love for Christ.

Girlfriends are such a precious gift from the Lord. Yet like with all His amazing gifts, I sometimes take them for granted. I get busy with my own commitments and forget to call this friend or send an email to that one. As we bowed our heads while Alexandra led us in prayer before we ate, my heart glowed with gratitude for the girls God has placed in my life. I sometimes don't realize how much I need them until nights like that. I leave feeling refreshed and encouraged...and very full of sugar cookies and lemon bars.

Thank you, Lord, for my girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment