Friday, August 4, 2017

Seven Quick Takes

1. Our little girl turned ONE! I was both nervous and excited about her party because simply inviting our parents and siblings brings the total to 35+ people! Add in a few neighbors and friends (and an extra dog) and I was anticipating some crazy wonderful chaos! It actually all went beautifully. My husband's mom came a few days early and helped me get some things ready. My brother-in-law came with his 2 and 4 year old girls a day early and despite three little girls getting toys ALL over, it was so adorable to see G interact with her cousins. The day itself was so joyful and I (amazingly) didn't feel stressed at all! I think I let go of a lot of my expectations for the day and was able to just enjoy all our family being together in one place (they live all over the state). I feel so blessed with my family and my in-laws as well. They're all truly such great people, and were so kind to travel to celebrate with us.

2. We are continuing to watch Poldark and have started season two. You guys. It's painful. I'm too hooked now to quit but the stuff that happens is killing me. I'm probably going to have to cut these quick takes short to join my hubby for our Friday night episode.

3. I'm a little less burnt out with summer cooking but I'm still not on my game. It's been challenging with G starting finger foods because she is quite the picky eater and I spend most of my time figuring out what to feed her and then cleaning up after her (because her favorites are anything with peanut butter and spaghetti sauce, haha!). She does look super cute when she eats, though, especially with a fork. My latest/greatest meals are nothing to brag about or share, but we did grill out tonight and that was fun because we grilled PIZZA!! Bucket list check! I've always wanted to do that!

4. I'm reading a nice little stack of books these days and a few of them might be coming up in reviews soon. My spiritual book: Resisting Happiness by Matthew Kelly. My homemaking book: The Lifegiving Home by Sally Clarkson. Another spiritual book: Unseen by Sara Hagerty (excited to be on the launch team for this one!!). And fiction book: Jane of Austin by Hillary Manton Lodge. Reading always refreshes me so much, and these books have all been stellar so far.

5. I used some extra money I earned from teaching CPR to treat myself to two new goodies (rarely buy myself anything these days!). The first is a FIAT shirt was @brickhouseinthecity etsy shop. It's so comfy, so cute, and reminds me to give my 'fiat' or say 'yes' to each day, whatever it may bring, as Mary did. I also bought a rosary bracelet from Chews Life company that has essential oil diffuser beads for the 'Our Father' beads. It's gorgeous, smells lovely, and helps me pray more often. Need I say more? :)

6. I went to the Farmer's Market this week for the first time in awhile. Nothing makes me happier than fresh, local produce in my kitchen. We've enjoyed swiss chard, green peppers, Peruvian new potatoes, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and peaches these last few days! Yum!

7. Here are some pics of G's party to finish it off, since it's time for Poldark. Dah dah dum...

Note: these are NOT pinterest worthy, but we sure had fun!! Ironically, my sweet dairy-free baby had an ice cream themed party! ;) I had hoped we'd be able to eat ice cream by this time, but as St. Gianna would say, "Whatever God wants!" ;) Have a great weekend, friends!







1 comment:

  1. The ice cream balloons look darling! Good luck with Poldark! I'm watching Season 2 of Home Fires this weekend (my library just got the dvds in) and it's so fun! But sad, typical of a wartime show.

    ReplyDelete