Friday, March 31, 2017

Seven Really Quick Takes

1. I'm pretty sure we won't get to number seven unless I make these really short. Like this.

2. My daughter has been napping for 2.5 hours this afternoon...which would be great, except that she naps on me in a babywearing carrier...which limits me somewhat in the amount of noise I can make typing and such--not that I'm a super loud typer, lol. (I know, I know, total #momfail about the babywearing naps. I wish we could get her in the crib, but I just haven't felt peaceful about letting her cry it out and this is the only way she gets decent sleep and I get a decent break.)

3. We had a water crisis / water boil advisory this past week, in which we could not use our water for drinking, washing dishes (including the dishwasher!!), brushing teeth, etc. without first boiling it. Thankfully they lifted it after a couple days but it certainly made for an interesting time, and I learned several good lessons that I'll probably maybe share in an upcoming post.

4. We're having dreary, rainy, overcast days this week. Yucky. Bring me some sunshiny spring weather. Another short one...over halfway to seven but she's stirring.

5. I made donuts this week. My hubby's fiftieth radio show aired this week and I was more than ready to use my new donut pans to celebrate. They turned out ridiculously cute and tasty. I'm pretty sure it's going to be our new family tradition to make donuts for holidays, birthdays, and other celebrations.



6. She's awake. And so stinkin' cute. This girl is totally worth giving up my alone time. Look at that ponytail. I can't even.




7. Happy weekend, friends. Until next time.

6 comments:

  1. As far as the water boiling...It's amazing to think that so many in the world don't have access to clean water, or it's routine to need to boil it. Can you imagine?

    Those donuts! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel so ashamed of my first-world issues when I remember those without daily clean water!!

      Delete
  2. Awww, Baby G is getting so big! And the bow. Oh my goodness, adorable. You are not failing by letting her sleep in the carrier! Though I'm sure that's difficult not being able to move around fully and make noise. Those donuts look amazing, and I've been planning to make some for Easter. Would love to hear if you have a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do!! I'll have to share it on here for you!! It's ridiculously easy...with a cake mix ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh man, the water boiling sounds like such a pain! I bet it really puts into perspective just how easy our lives are. I'm glad that Baby G is sleeping in the carrier! I wish Peter still did that. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with him, but my oh my, us mamas need breaks too!! (thankfully, he has started taking an hour long nap nearly every day, for which I am eternally grateful) Those donuts look awesome, and I JUST read another person's blog about making donuts, so now I'm convinced that this is a sign from God and that I need to make donuts sometime soon :) Also, Baby G is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they are constantly on the go!! It's funny b/c I complain that she sleeps in the carrier instead of the crib but at least I do get a break to read or blog when she's sleeping on me! It can always be worse and it can always be better!

      Yep. Definitely a sign. Make those donuts!! ;)

      Delete