Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tuesday Talk #53: This Unpredictable Life

Some days feel like a crash course in the unpredictability of life. And that no matter how prepared you are, you're just not prepared enough!!

Like the day I was making a mini road trip to meet my mom and sister at a pumpkin patch, with all sorts of things packed in the car to be prepared for the day..only to get a flat tire on a country road alone with a baby in the car.

And then found out when the mechanic arrived that I did not have a spare tire.

First tow truck ride...
we can cross that off the bucket list!
Or there was the day I finally had a fridge stocked full of delicious comfort foods to feed my hubby and me for the week...only to find out that night our daughter has a dairy allergy and I needed to eliminate all dairy and soy from my diet for breastfeeding.

So much for all that cheesy goodness.

Yet things have a way of working out. Baby and I are safely home and she had her first ride in a tow truck. I'm learning how to avoid all the hidden dairy ingredients and will probably loose some postpartum weight in the process.

So here's to lessons that make me realize I'm not in control no matter how much I try to be (I imagine God shakes His head at my stubborn self wearily sometimes...).

And here's a recipe for a delicious soup in my fridge that I can no longer eat but that you might enjoy! ;) (Actually, I plan to make it again with gnocchi instead of tortellini).


Want to join this week's link up? Grab our button below and link back to one of the hosts!



You can join us on Pinterest, too!

Follow Sweet Little Ones's board Tuesday Talk Features on Pinterest.


Join the party, friends, by linking up with your favorite post from the week! Here's the scoop:


4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I would have freaked out if I would have gotten stuck on a country road with a flat tire! Thank goodness for cell phones :) I'm sorry to hear that you need to cut out dairy and soy-that sounds so rough. I hope that you find lots of delicious foods so that both you and the baby can eat good food! Life is certainly unpredictable-especially with a baby! I always try to remind myself that in the grand scheme of things, it [whatever unexpected thing just happened] isn't THAT big of a deal. It helps me, in all of my control-freakness, keep perspective ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very true that it helps to step back and regain your perspective!! I get stuck in the moment sometimes and make a mountain out of a molehill!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're okay! Good job getting through a scary flat. And a good reminder about making plans :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely a lesson to keep a spare tire in my car, though! ;)

      Delete