Monday, April 23, 2012

Why We Serve

Thank you.

Today I heard those words so. many. times. They were heartfelt. Sometimes with tired eyes that looked into mine and pierced my own heart. Other times the eyes couldn’t quite meet mine because of shame or embarrassment or burdens that weighed them down.

Eyes and voices that belonged to the patients I served today at the monthly free clinic run by two local hospitals.

They gave thanks for the little we were giving them.

And somehow, each time I heard those words and felt the honest appreciation behind them, I connected to that person. These were my brothers and sisters. I only gave because of what I have been given.

Salvation. Love. Grace. In abundance....Read the rest of this article at The Catholic Young Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment