Monday, October 11, 2010

Broken

"Creator, only You take brokenness,
And create it into beauty once again."

-Porcelain Heart, by BarlowGirl

Have you ever realized how emotional pain can become physical pain? Like when your heart aches so much that you can feel the real, true pain in your chest?

Why is it we can feel loss? Why do regrets hurt so much? Why do we sometimes only realize what we have once we no longer have it?

But the decision is made. For now. My choices, my actions, they have brought me to this place.

A place where more choices are to be made.

The choice to use the past to prune me, mold me, and humble me.

The choice to wake up, get up, and show up-- to make the effort to put others' needs before my own.

The choice to trust the One who picks up broken pieces and puts them back together.

Even when trusting is hard, I must trust Him with the outcome.

The choice to use this as a growing time, learning from my mistakes. It's the least I can do, and the most I can do.

And that small hope within will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment