Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Light in the Darkness

The White Witch's rein has ended in Narnia...at least it felt like we lived in Narnia those many days of ice and snow, with the trees covered in layers of ice while all was still and cold and quiet. But now Aslan must be on the move, for all has melted and the sun shines.

During those days of ice, we had one full day without electricity. It was amazing to see how much I take it for granted until it's no longer there. It was especially difficult when the darkness descended early that evening, as I had been struggling with my own inner darkness of fears and frustrations that weekend. Yet the Light of the World pierced through as my family sang praise and worship songs and my brother played guitar. There was beauty in the darkness. Without distractions, I was able to focus on the lyrics even more. With full heart, I sang "Blessed Be Your Name," making the words my own honest prayer to God: "When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say 'Blessed be Your Name.'"

That's all He asks. That we trust Him in the dark. That we bless His name and praise Him in good and bad. That we believe He is not only with us in the dark, but that He is bringing us through it to the light.

I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas, celebrating the coming of the Light of the World. I also pray you have a wonderful New Year. Life is beautiful, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment